Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Blood Ship: Day 46


About a week ago I broke the bomb ability. The problem was dumb and the solution was even dumber, but it's surprising I'm over a month in and that's one of the more serious issues I've had. I can only think of two or three other times I wanted to rip my hair out by the fistful. (These kinds of problems seemed to plague my last game attempt on a daily basis.)

As I've said in previous posts, I've been circling and circling around the imperfect stuff, improving instead of building new stuff. I think the time to branch out to new stuff is almost here. I'm thinking proper stages, new bosses, etc. I'd like to make a browser version, too, so people can try the randomly generated mode before downloading the complete desktop version.

I'm kind of shocked I'm 46 days into this. It seems like last week when I started this blog on day 12. I would have hoped to be further along at this point, but I'm not disappointed with the progress, either. This has been more of a learning experience than anything else.

(Sonic Mania isn't coming out today after all, but that's probably a good thing for the sake of productivity. My day job is unusually demanding this week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment